|NAME||WATER AND LAND MANAGEMENT TRAINING AND RESEARCH INSTITUTE (WALAMTARI)|
|Registered Office||The registered Office of the society i.e. WALAMTARI shall be at Hyderabad and its address is Himayatsagar, Hyderabad-500 030.|
|Area of Operation||The area of operation of the WALAMTARI extends to the whole of Andhra Pradesh.|
|Nature||The WALAMTARI will be a support service organisation providing training cum teaching cum research and Management services. Its services will be primary in the field of Water and Land Management providing training and research in planning, designing, construction, operation and maintenance of irrigation and drainage net work.|
The objectives of WALAMTARI are :
- To train different level Government functionaries of the department of Irrigation and Command Area Development and the department of Agriculture and other allied departments and agencies of the State Government dealing with aspects relating to water and land management in planning, designing, construction, operation and maintenance of Irrigation and drainage networks etc., with due emphasis on micro-level functioning and “On-Farm” irrigation practices to ensure optimum utilisation of Water and Land Resources;
- To ensure full understanding of the principles of efficient operational plans and improved irrigation practices at all levels of scheme management and among the farmers;
- To provide a better understanding among the water users of the optimal utilisation of water and land resources and to inculcate a sense of belonging,
- To function as an apex body on all matters relating to water and land management and render advice to the State Government and the departments of the State Government, dealing with these matters, pertaining to policies of water and land management with a view to improve the performance; and deal with any other issues entrusted by the Government to the Institute;
- To provide facilitate assistance to the Government, local bodies, associations and individuals in the areas of water and land management
- To undertake intensive and need based research on water and land management with the collaboration of other Institutions, association and societies interested in similar objects;
- To establish and maintain project training centre and create such faculties as may be necessary for field training of officials and non-officials, farmers and conduct research on field oriented problems in Irrigation Water and Land Management as considered desirable for the promotion of the objectives of the society;
- To depute within the country and abroad the staff of the Institute for specialised training in water and land management and allied areas;
- To start , conduct, print, publish and exhibit magazines, periodicals, newspapers, books pamphlets or posters that may be considered desirable for the promotion of the objects of the society;
- To invest and deal with the funds by the society;
- To make rules and byelaws for the conduct of the affairs of the society and the institute and from time to time add to, amend, vary and rescind them; Go to Top
1. Definitions :
In these rules unless there is anything repugnant in the subject or context, otherwise indicated
- “Institute” means Water and Land Management Training and Research Institute.
- “Government” means Government of Andhra Pradesh.
- “The Governing Council” means the Governing Council of the Institute.
- “The Executive Committee” means the Executive committee of the Institute.
- “The President” means the president of the Governing Council of the Institute.
- “The Vice President” means the vice president of the Governing council of the Institute.
- “The Chairman” means the Chairman of the Executive Committee of the Institute.
- “The Co-chairman” means the Co-Chairman of the Executive Committee of the Institute.
- “Rules” means any of the Rules and Regulations of the Institute
- “Financial Year” means the year commencing from 1st April and ending on 31st March of the following year.
- “The Bye-laws” means the Bye-laws framed under the Rules of the Institute.
- Unless where the context otherwise indicates:
Go to Top
- Words importing the singular number shall also include the plural number and vice versa and
- Words importing the masculine gender also include the feminine gender
2. Functions of Society :
- Pay out of the funds belonging to the society, or out of any particular part of such funds, all expenses that are incidental to the formation of the society, and for achieving its aims and objectives, including management and administration of the society and the said institute, including all rents, rates, taxes, outgoings and the salaries of the employees of the society and the Institute;
- Drawn, make accept, endorse and negotiate cheques, hundies, promissory notes or other negotiable instructions;
- For the purposes aforesaid or any of them to sign, execute and deliver such assurances and deeds as may be necessary;
- Construct and maintain buildings, works and conveniences of all kinds suitable for any of the purposes of the society;
- Subscribe, or otherwise assist or guarantee moneys to charitable, benevolent, scientific, national, public or any other institutions, objects or purposes;
- Purchase or acquire from any Government or such authorities, any licenses, concessions, grants, decrees, rights, powers and privileges, whatsoever, which may seem to the society capable of being turned to account and take action to work develop, carryout, exercise, and turn to account the same
- Apply for, purchase, or otherwise acquire any patents, brevets de-inventions, licences, concessions and the like conferring exclusive or non-exclusive or limited right to use any secret or other information as to any inventions which may seem capable of being used for any of the purposes of the society or the acquisition of which may directly or indirectly benefit the society and to use, exercise or develop or grant licences in respect of, or otherwise, turn to account, the property, right or information so acquired;
- Make donations to such persons or institutions whether of cash or any other assets, as may be that are directly or indirectly conductive to any of the society’s objects, or otherwise expedient and in particular, to remunerate any persons or corporations introducing or assisting the society;
- Establish and support or aid the establishment of, and support associations, institutions, societies, funds, trusts and conveniences for the benefit of the employees or ex-employees or persons having connections of such persons and in societies and to grant pensions, allowances, gratuities, either by way of annual payments, or by way of lump sum and to make payments towards insurance and to form and contribute to provident and benefit funds to or for such persons.
- Generally to do and execute all such other acts, matters and things as are incidental or conducive to or necessary for the attainment of the above objects or any of them;
- to do such other things as are necessary for the conduct of the affairs of the Society on furtherance of its objectives and in accordance with rules made therefore. Go to Top