Governing Council or General Body
|Sl.No.||Occupation and Address||Designation|
|1||Hon’ble Chief Minister, Govt. of Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad.||President|
|2||Hon’ble Minister for (Minor) Irrigation / CAD, Govt. of A.P., Hyderabad.||Member|
|3||Secretary to Govt. I & CAD (CAD) Deptt., Govt. of Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad||Member|
|4||Secretary to Govt., Food and Agriculture, Department of Govt. of Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad.||Member|
|5||Secretary to Finance and Planning (Project Wing) Department, Govt. of Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad.||Member|
|6||Commissioner, CADA, Himayatnagar, Hyderabad||Member|
|7||Engineer-in-Chief (Admn.) I & CAD Department, Andhra Pradesh, Errum manzil, Hyderabad.||Member|
|8||Member of Central Water Commissioner incharge of State Training Institutes, Govt. of India, New Delhi.||Member|
|9||Member of Central Water Commission incharge of State training institutes Govt. of India, New Delhi.||Member|
|10||Expert member Ex-Director General, WALAMTARI (Sri T.Hanumantha Rao) 6-3-881/A/1, Punjagutta, Hyderabad.||Member|
|11||Chief Engineer, IRMIO, CWC, Govt. of India, New Delhi.||Member|
|12||Director, NAARM, Rajendranagar,Hyderabad.||Member|
|13||Director, IMTI, Trichy, Tamilnadu||Member|
|14||Director, WALMi, Aurangabad, Maharashtra||Member|
|15||Chief Engineer for Major Irrigation, Hyderabad, A.P.||Member|
|16||Chief Engineer for Medium Irrigation, Hyderabad A.P.||Member|
|17||Chief Engineer for Minor Irrigation, Hyderabad, A.P.||Member|
|18||Chief Engineer, Sri Ram Sagar Project, Hyderabad.||Member|
|19||Chief Engineer, Srisailam Project, Hyderabad.||Member|
|20||Chief Engineer, Nagarjunasagar, Right Canal, Hyderabad.||Member|
|21||Chief Engineer, Nagarjunasagar, Left Canal, Hyderabad||Member|
|22||Director of Research, Andhra Pradesh Agricultural University, Rajendranagar, Hyderabad.||Member|
|23||Director General, WALAMTARI, Himayatsagar, Hyderabad.||Member / Secretary|
Terms and Conditions of Membership of Governing Council
- The Government may, at any time and from time to time appoint new members in place of the persons to ceasing to be members of the Society or appoint additional members subject to like conditions as to the terms of membership and in case of such new or additional members the provisions of Rule 8(a) above shall take effect at if such new of additional members were the dignitaries to the Memorandum of Association and the respective offices held by them were the offices specified against their names.
- Where any person is the member of the Governing Council by reason of holding office, his membership of the Government council shall terminate when he ceases to hold that office or appointment and in his vacancy his successor in office shall automatically be a member of the council;
- The Institute shall keep a roll of members along with their addresses and occupations and every member shall sign the same on each occasion of the meetings of the Governing council.
- In the event of any change in addresses of any member, it will be notified by the member to the Director General, WALAMTARI, failing which the recorded address shall be deemed to be his address.
- Where a particular member of the Governing Council is listed by reasons of office or appointment, his membership of the Governing Council shall terminate automatically if and when he ceases to hold that office or appointment.
- Members of the Governing Council shall cease to be members on conviction of a criminal offence involving moral turpitude or in the event of non-attendance of consecutive meetings of the Governing Council.
- Resignation from membership of the Governing Council shall be tendered to the Member Secretary of the governing council and shall not take effect unless it has been accepted on behalf of the Institute by the President.
- Every member of the General Body shall continue to be member of the society as long as he holds office and shall cease to be member of the society as soon as he ceases to hold such office.
Honorary Fellow Ship:
- The General body may confer honorary fellowship on those persons who have made outstanding contribution in the field of irrigation and whose services may be of help to the activities of the society.
Functions of Governing Body:
To give over all policy guidance for the efficient functioning of the Institute.
To undertake all activities necessary for the fulfilment of the objective laid down in article 5 of the memorandum of association.
To add, modify or amend the memorandum and rules, provided that all such additions, modifications or amendments shall be aimed at promoting the objectives to the society subject to approval by the Government.
To adopt annual report and annual audited accounts of the society placed before it as approved by Executive Committee.
To delegate appropriate powers for the Executive Committee, Chairman / Co-Chairman, the Vice-Chairman, Secretary and any other bearers of the society.
Function and Powers of the Chairman of the Governing Body:
The chairman of the WALAMTARI shall preside over the meetings of the board. He / She shall have the powers to delegate responsibilities to the vice-chairman / member secretary as the case may be for carrying out duties for the attainment of the objectives of the society.